Dr Supriya Kunnath Kaitheri FHEA
- ROLE:Senior Lecturer, Campus Programme Coordinator - MA International Business Management
- CONTACT:+971 (0)4 568 7091
- EMAIL:[email protected]
Dr Supriya graduated with a BTech in Computer Science Engineering from Kannur University (Kerala) before gaining her PhD in Information Systems Management from the Indian Institute of Management (Kozhikode). She has won numerous awards for her work including the IPID Award for ICT4D Research and the Wipro Earthian Award. Her teaching and learning interests include Data Analytics and Visualisation, Quantitative Research Methods, E-Governance and E-Business, and Social Media Analytics.
- Ph.D Information Systems Management , Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode
- B.Tech Computer Science Engineering , Kannur University, Kerala
Awards and achievements
- IPID award for ICT4D research, 2014 – Won the grant for the best 10 papers in ICT for Development research areas.
- Education Without Borders (EWB) Presenter Award – HCT Dubai, 2013.
- Acer Incredible Green Contest Finalist and India winner, 2013.
- Wipro Earthian Award ,2011
- University Gold Medal for B.Tech Computer Science Engineering, 2010
- ICT for Social Development
- Consumer Technology Readiness
- Data Analytics
- Nanath, K., Balasubramanian, S., Shukla, V., Islam, N., & Kaitheri, S. (2022). Developing a mental health index using a machine learning approach: Assessing the impact of mobility and lockdown during the COVID-19 pandemic. Technological forecasting and social change, 178, 121560.
- Nanath, K., Kaitheri, S., Malik, S., & Mustafa, S. (2022). Examination of fake news from a viral perspective: an interplay of emotions, resonance, and sentiments. Journal of Systems and Information Technology. Volume 24, Number 2, 2022, pp. 131-155(25)
- Nanath, K; Kaitheri, S; Samdani; L. (2021). Sun shines in Dubai with Shams: A journey of renewable energy space in the United Arab Emirates, SAGE Business Cases
- Nanath, K., Sajjad, A., & Kaitheri, S. (2021). Decision-making system for higher education university selection: comparison of priorities pre-and post-COVID-19. Journal of Applied Research in Higher Education. (In press)
- Balasubramanian, S., Kaitheri, S., Nanath, K., Sreejith, S., & Paris, C. M. Examining Post COVID-19 Tourist Concerns Using Sentiment Analysis and Topic Modeling. In Information and Communication Technologies in Tourism 2021 (pp. 564-569). Springer, Cham.
- Sebastian, M. P., & Supriya, K. K. (2013). E-governance readiness: challenges for India. IIM Kozhikode Society & Management Review, 2(1), 31-42.
Conference Presentations and Publications
- Balasubramanian, S., Kaitheri, S., Nanath, K., Sreejith, S., & Paris, C.M. (2020). Towards a Unified Framework for Connected Tourism Experience. Tourism Education Futures Initiative (TEFI11) Virtual Conference. June 7- 10, 2020 (Virtual).
- Kaitheri, S., and Balasubramanian, S. (2020). Promoting Academic Integrity: A Tale of Two Case Studies. 6th International Plagiarism across Europe and Beyond (PAEB) Conference 2020. April 17-19 (Virtual).
- Nanath, K., Sajjad A., Kaitheri, S .(2020). Decision-making System for University Selection: A Priority Comparison of Pre- and Post-COVID-19. The Barcelona Conference on Education (BCE2020) (University of Barcelona and IAFOR).
- Nanath, K., Kaitheri, S., Malik, S, Mustafa, S. (2020). Examination of Fake Online Content from a Viral Perspective: An Interplay of Emotions, Resonance, and Sentiments. 2020 Data Science, Analytics, and Artificial Intelligence Conference (Florida Atlantic University).
- Verma, A., Kaitheri, S. (2020). Impact of Brand Image and National Culture on Consumer Buying Behavior. 3rd American University in the Emirates International Research Conference (AUEIRC’20).
- Supriya, K. K., and Sebastian, M. P. (2014). "Towards a Model for User Technology Readiness in ICT4D Initiatives," Proceedings of the 25th Australasian Conference on Information Systems, 8th - 10th December, Auckland, New Zealand.
- Nanath, K., Pillai, R., & Supriya, K. K. (2014). Sustainability of Environmental Programs: A Green IT Perspective. Proceedings of the 25th Australasian Conference on Information Systems, 8th - 10th December, Auckland, New Zealand.
- Supriya, K. K. and Gopalakrishnan, N. (2014). "Organization Vision - Experimentation on its Effective Communication," in Absentia presentation at Conference on Digital Experimentation ([email protected]) in Sloan School of Management, Cambridge, Massachusetts, US, October 10th - 11.
- Supriya, K. K., and Sebastian, M. P. (2014). "ICT for Education in India: Challenges and Readiness," IPID 9 Symposium, Kadir Has University, Istanbul
- Supriya K. K and Sebastian, M. P. (2013). "ICT for Educaion in India". 13th Consortium of Students in Management Research (COSMAR), 15-16 November 2013, Bangalore, India (Organized by the Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore)
- Supriya, K.K, and Sebastian, M.P. (2013). “ICT for Education – Its Readiness and Success”. 7th Education Without Borders International Student Conference, March 25-28, Higher Colleges of Technology, UAE
- Supriya, K.K, and Sebastian, M.P. (2013). “E-Governance Readiness – Challenges for India”. International Conference on Global Strategies for an Emergent India, December 27-28, Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode, Kerala.
- Supriya, K. K. and Gopalakrishnan, N. (2014). "Organization Vision - Experimentation on its Effective Communication”. Paper selected for PDW at 74th Academy of Management Annual Meeting, August 1-5, Philadelphia, PA
- Supriya, K.K, and Jharkharia, S. (2011). “IS Flexibility - A Conceptual Framework”. Eleventh Global Conference on Flexible Systems Management (IIMK-GLOGIFT 2011)”. December 9-12, Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode, Kerala.
- Supriya, K.K, and R. Radhakrishna Pillai. (2012). “A Systems Thinking Approach for Transforming Management Education”. Ninth AIMS International Conference on Management (AIMS-9), January 1-3, Foundation for Liberal and Management Education, Pune.
Lulu Baddar PGCHE MSc
Senior Lecturer, Campus Programme Coordinator- BSc International Tourism Management
Rhoderick Romano PGCHE MBA
Conchita Mary Fonseca MBA FHEA
Dr Jeongsoo Han FHEA
Mohammad Meraj MBA PGCHE EFQM Assessor
Head of Academic Professional Services and Quality, Lecturer in Business
Senior Lecturer in Digital Marketing
Sandra Stephenson MEd, BJourn, PGCHE, FHEA
Claudia L. Maher MA MCIPD FHEA
Neelofer Mashood MA MBA FHEA PGCHE
Dr Nitin Simha Vihari Poluru
Senior Lecturer in HRM, Campus Programme Coordinator - MA Human Resource Management and Development
Professor Ajit Karnik PhD
Professor of Economics
Professor Cedwyn Fernandes PhD
Pro-Vice Chancellor, Director
Andrew Mackenzie MBA SFHEA
Senior Lecturer, Head of Institute of Sustainable Development
Muneeza Shoaib Sandeela
Senior Lecturer in Marketing, Campus Programme Coordinator- BA Marketing
Ryan Stephenson MAIBM FHEA MCMI
Lecturer in Business
Rory McConnon MBA MSC FHEA PMP
Senior Lecturer, Campus Programme Coordinator - Undergraduate Business Management and International Business
Matthew Brown MA, BA (Hons), HND, Dip PolGov (Open), PGCHE, MCIM, MIDM, FCMI, FHEA
Dr Vijay Pujari FCIM SFHEA
Senior Lecturer, Campus Programme Coordinator - MSc Strategic Marketing and MSc Corporate and Marketing Communications, Campus Programme Coordinator - MSc Digital Marketing
Sony Sreejith Assoc. CIPD FHEA
Lecturer in Business Foundation
Professor Cody Morris Paris PhD
Deputy Director of Research & Business, Head of the Business School
Dr Sreejith Balasubramanian FHEA
Associate Professor, Chair, Office of Research, Head & Founder: Centre for Supply Chain Excellence