Rory McConnon MSc MBA FHEA PMP
- ROLE:Senior Lecturer, Campus Programme Coordinator - Undergraduate Business Management and Marketing
- CONTACT:+971 (0)4 361 2889
- EMAIL:[email protected]
A Fellow the Higher Education Academy (UK), and Project Management Professional at the Project Management Institute, Rory completed his two Master’s Degrees at the University of Ulster before obtaining his MBA from Middlesex University Dubai. He also holds a Higher Diploma in Business Management from the Institute of Technology Carlow (Ireland) and a Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education from Middlesex University Dubai.
Rory has been the recipient of numerous awards, including the Excellence Award in recognition of Excellence in Commitment to Innovation in Teaching (Higher Colleges of Technology, 2016). His learning and teaching interests include International Business, Entrepreneurship, Project Management and Sustainability, and Environmental Management.
- Master of Business Administration, Middlesex University Dubai, UAE.
- Master of Science Energy Management, University of Ulster, UK.
- Master of Science Renewable Energy, University of Ulster, UK.
- Higher Diploma in Business Management, Institute of Technology Carlow, Ireland.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education (PGCertHE) (Teaching & Supporting Learning), Middlesex University Dubai, UAE.
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, United Kingdom
- Project Management Professional, Project Management Institute
Sustainable Development, Entrepreneurship & Innovation, Community Development, E-Learning.
- Testing the Waters (April, 2016). Workshop to participants of Sharjah Entrepreneurship Center (Sheraa) on MVP (minimum viable product) and designing experiments for customer validation (co-delivered with Dr. Wasif Minhas). American University of Sharjah, UAE.
- Active Learning: Tactics to modify static PowerPoint lists into student engagement opportunities (April 2016). Presentation at HCT System-wide Business Faculty Best Practice Series.
- The Transdisciplinary Role of Sustainability: Educating for Sustainable Development. Presentation at Innovation Talks - An Initiative from the Ministry of Energy United Arab Emirates (November 2015).
- Utilising Innovative Financial Instruments for the Development of Sustainable Energy Practices (November 2011). Proceedings of the First International Conference on Emerging Research Paradigms in Business and Social Sciences in Dubai. Middlesex University Dubai.
- Kilkenny Local Government Authorities’ Climate Change Strategy and Energy Efficiency Action Plan 2010-2014 (2010). Lead author and coordinator for this strategy.
- Eco-tourism seminars on behalf of Tourism Wales & Ireland (2009). Green & Sustainable programme for the Development and Marketing of Quality ‘Green’ Tourism.
- Sustaining Community Buildings - Sustainable Energy Training and Manual for Community and Sports Centre Operators (2008). I prepared the sustainable energy and water conservation chapter of this manual.
- Renewable Energy Resource Studies for Co. Carlow & Co. Kilkenny, Ireland (2005). Reports prepared for Carlow and Kilkenny Local Government Authorities.
- Wind Energy Farm as a Public Private Partnership (2003). This consultancy project advised a Government Authority on the opportunities for Public Private Partnership as a mechanism for wind farm financing and development (Client - Donegal Local Government Authority).
- Potential to Recover Wood from Construction and Demolition Activities (2002). Consultancy project prepared for the National Forestry Council of Ireland.