I hold an LLB (Honours) Bachelor of Laws from Middlesex University. I studied the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) at the University of the West of England, Bristol and was called to the Bar of England and Wales, at the Honourable Society of the Middle Temple, and in the Republic of Mauritius. I also hold an LL.M Master of Laws (Legal Practice) from Nottingham Law School, Nottingham Trent University. As a barrister at law my main area of practice was child and family law, dealing inter alia with issues such as divorce, custody, child visitation, alimony, taking the child outside the jurisdiction, domestic violence and protection orders. I also did criminal and civil litigation and appeals.
I am a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA) in the UK, and was the Head of Department of Law and Criminology and a Lecturer in Law at Aberystwyth University (Mauritius Branch Campus). My teaching expertise spans across Criminal Law, Evidence, Equity and the Law of Trusts, Family Law, Tort Law and Medical Law. I was the Lecturer of the Year 2018-2019 at Aberystwyth University.
I am an expert in Family Law for Mauritius for the World Bank’s Women Business and the Law Project, which measures global progress towards gender equality in the law.
I am a member of the Mauritius Bar Association, the Bar Council of England and Wales, the Honourable Society of the Middle Temple as well as the Higher Education Academy.
- LL.B (Honours) Bachelor of Laws, Middlesex University
- Post Graduate Diploma in Law (Bar Professional Training Course), the University of the West of England, Bristol
- Called to the Bar of England and Wales at The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple, London
- Called to the Bar of the Republic of Mauritius
- Post Graduate Certificate in Higher Education (PGCertHE) Teaching and Supporting Learning, Middlesex University
- LLM Master of Laws Legal Practice, Nottingham Law School
- Head of Department of Law and Criminology and Lecturer in Law at Aberystwyth University (Mauritius Branch Campus)
- Part Time Lecturer in Law at Honoris Educational Network
- Lecturer of the Year at Aberystwyth University (2018-2019)
- Membership of professional bodies and associations
- Family and Child Law
- Women’s Rights