Dr Sameer holds a PhD from the University of Barcelona (Spain), an MSc in Computer Graphics (Vision and Imaging) from University College London (UK), and a BEng in Computer Science Engineering from BITS Pilani University (Dubai, UAE).
His teaching and learning interests cover Humanoid Robots, Applications of Robotics, Human-Robot Interaction, Virtual and Augmented Reality, Real-time Computer Graphics, Telepresence, Embodiment and Body-Ownership Illusions.
He was previously the Head of Medical Rehabilitation & Virtual Reality Innovation at Virtual Bodyworkds (Barcelona, Spain) and was a Postdoctoral Research at the University of Barcelona (Spain).
- PhD University of Barcelona, Spain
- MSc Computer Graphics, Vision and Imaging, University College London, UK
- BEng Computer Science Engineering, BITS Pilani, Dubai, UAE
- 2016: FI-DGR Award for PhD Thesis from the Government of Catalunya, Spain
- 2013 - 2016: FI-DGR Pre-Doctorate grant awarded by the Government of Catalunya, Spain, co-funded by the European Commission
Dr Sameer’s research interests include full-body ownership illusions with humanoid robots, ethical and technological implications of teleoperated humanoid robots, and applications with virtual reality for healthcare and psychology.
- Aymerich-Franch, L., Kishore, S., & Slater, M. (2019). When Your Robot Avatar Misbehaves You Are Likely to Apologize: An Exploration of Guilt During Robot Embodiment. International Journal of Social Robotics, 1-10.
- Freeman, D., Haselton, P., Freeman, J., Spanlang, B., Kishore, S., Albery, E., Denne, M., Brown, P., Slater, M. & Nickless, A. (2018). Automated Psychological Therapy Using Immersive Virtual Reality for Treatment of Fear of Heights: A Single-Blind, Parallel-Group, Randomised Controlled Trial. The Lancet Psychiatry. ISSN 2215-0366.
- Banakou, D., Kishore, S., Slater, M. (2018). Virtually Being Einstein Results in an Improvement in Cognitive Task Performance and a Decrease in Age Bias. Frontiers in Psychology, 9, 917.
- Kishore, S., Navarro, X., Bourdin, P., Berkers, K., Friedman, D., & Slater, M. (2016). Multi-Destination Beaming: Being in Three Places at Once Through Robotic and Virtual Embodiment. Frontiers in Robotics and AI, 3, 65.
- Kishore, S., Navarro, X., Dominguez, E., de la Peña, N., & Slater, M. (2016). Beaming into the News: A System for and Case Study of Tele-Immersive Journalism. IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications. 38(2), 89.
- Kishore, S., Gonzalez-Franco, M., Hintermuller, C., Kapeller, C., Guger, C., Slater, M., & Blom, K. J. (2014). Comparison of SSVEP BCI and Eye Tracking for controlling a humanoid robot in a social environment. Presence: Teleoperators and Virtual Environments, 23(3).
- Spanlang, B., Navarro, X., Normand, J.-M., Kishore, S., Pizarro, R., & Slater, M. (2013). Real time whole body motion mapping for avatars and robots. In Proceedings of the 19th ACM Symposium on Virtual Reality Software and Technology - VRST ’13 (p. 175). New York, New York, USA: ACM Press.