After an early career in hospitality, Margo returned to university to study Visual Communication where she graduated with Honours from the University of South Australia. Upon graduation she managed her own small graphic design business, as well as teaching at the University and working for the South Australian Chapter of the Australian Graphic Design Association.
She has since worked as Senior Lecturer at Dubai Women’s College and Teaching Fellow with Winchester School of Art, University of South Hampton (China), while also designing and co-directing her new Australian fashion label.
Her teaching and learning interests include Creative Thinking, Idea Generation, Editorial and Publication Design, Packaging Design, and Surface Pattern Design. Most recently she has taken up ceramics as a new creative output.
- 2005 - 2010 MA in Design (by Research), School of Education, Arts and Social Sciences, University of South Australia
- 2001 Honours in Visual Communication, University of South Australia
- 2004 Graduate Certificate in Education, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- 2016 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, Australia
- Research Interests
- Cross Cultural Education
- Idea Generation as part of the Education Process
- 2017-20 - Co-director and designer -ByFIG Fashion, Australia
- 2020 - Dubai Ceramic Award as part of Dubai Design Week, Finalist
- 2017 - SALA Art Festival - exhibitor, South Australia
- 2015 - SIKKA Art Fair: Charlies Drawing - Interactive video installation in collaboration with Carlo Cadet, UAE
- 2014 - SIKKA Art Fair: Majelis - Interactive sound installation in collaboration with Nina Hein, UAE
- 2014 - Dubai Courtyard Theater: The Double Bass - Set design, directed by Nina Hein, UAE
- 2013 - Dubai Drama Group: God of Carnage - Set design, directed by Nina Hein, UAE