Heather holds an MFA in 3D Animation from Academy of Art University (San Francisco, USA), and a BFA in Illustration from The School of Visual Arts (New York, USA). She has certifications in CELTA and is a 3ds Max Certified Professional. She has taught extensively across Digital Amination and Applied Communications. Heather is a prolific public speaker and is currently the President of Media Masters Toastmasters Club.
Her teaching and learning interests include Animation (3D, 2D, Motion Graphics and Storyboarding), Illustration, Foundations (Drawing and Painting) and Design.
- PGCertHE, March, 2021
- CELTA Certification, June, 2018
- 3ds Max Certified Professional, 2015
- President, Media Masters Toastmasters Club # 6938101 2021-2022
- Area 26 Director, Toastmasters International 2020-2021
- President, Emirates Toastmasters Club #624236 2019-2020
- VP Education, Emirates Toastmasters Club #624236 2018-2019
- Presented workshop, “Squash, Stretch, and Squirrel!” at Middle East Games Con 2018
- MC for Manoj Vasudevan, world champion of public speaking and author, Sharjah International Book Fair 2018
- Guest speaker for Omix International, Autodesk 2016 Product Launch
- Masterclass AUX (Autodesk University Extension) Dubai 2015
- MAHE (ongoing) Middlesex University Dubai, Dubai, UAE
- FHEA Middlesex University Dubai, Dubai, UAE (ref# PR210345)
- MFA (terminal), 3D Animation, Academy of Art University, San Francisco, CA, USA
- BFA, Illustration, School of Visual Arts, New York, NY, USA
Heather’s research interests include creativity, animation, art education, smart technologies, and e-sports.
Middlesex Dubai 2nd annual Teaching and Learning Conference (2021)
Presenter: How Does Cultural Diversity Influence Creativity in Higher Education
American University in the Emirates International Research Conference (AUEIRC) 2017
Presenter: Smart Art for Smart Cities
Shipman H. (2019) Smart Art for Smart Cities. In: Mateev M., Poutziouris P. (eds) Creative Business and Social Innovations for a Sustainable Future. Advances in Science, Technology & Innovation (IEREK Interdisciplinary Series for Sustainable Development). Springer, Cham