Human Resources Management Majlis at Middlesex University Dubai delves into the impact of The Great Resignation
- July 5 2022
On Saturday 25th June 2022, Middlesex University Dubai hosted a Human Resource Management (HRM) Majlis event in partnership with the GOS-Global Society for HCM (GSHCM) for Human Resource Management professionals in the region.
The HR practitioners in attendance deliberated on the most controversial topic of the year for the profession: ‘The Great Resignation: Attraction and Retention Strategies’. They discussed the relevance of international lessons learned and future corrective action HR and business leaders in the Middle East region can incorporate into their strategy design and execution.
The keynote speeches were delivered by Paul Micallef, Regional Head - Middle East, Africa, India, APAC & Turkey, ScanBox and Rooslán Totrov, Head of Talent Acquisition Retail, MENA & SEA, Al-Futtaim.
Claudia Maher, our Lecturer in Business and Human Resource Management, moderated the panel discussion by HR experts Mandarr Agshikar, Carmen Rendi, Deepak Manek, Saira Gulamani and Mohammed Abdulla Aljassmi.
Thank you to everyone the joining the event and sharing their knowledge. We would also like to thank the following members of GSHCM and HR experts for their support and valuable contributions to this event:
- GSHCM Global Chairperson - Ms. Nouf AlSufiany, People Director from Virgin KSA
- Saudi Chairperson of GSHCM - Mr. Basheer Hashem, Senior Consultant at the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology of Saudi Arabia
- Abu Dhabi GSHCM - Chairperson Mohammed Salem AlBeshr, Senior HR Strategy, Transformation & Quality Leader, Etisalat
- GOS Board Member - Ali Al Naqbi, Director Technology Program Management at Etisalat
- Our host and GSHCM Chairperson - Mr. Hassan Amin, Associate Vice President, Leadership & Management Development at Emirates NBD
- Mohammed Abdulla Aljassmi, HR Expert/Advisor at DTC RTA Dubai