The Model UN Society at Middlesex University Dubai facilitates educational simulation and academic activity involving students learning about and enacting:
• International relations
• Workings of the UN system
It is an award winning student-led society that organises workshops, training and simulation of Model UN conferences. The society organises opportunities for members to develop their debating, negotiation, and research skills, and get training and feedback from senior students who act as mentors. Society members are able to attend Model UN Conferences around the UAE and build their skillset. Students also get an opportunity to take part in regular mentoring sessions which are held on a weekly basis and run by seasoned members of the MDX MUN Team.
What are the benefits of the Model UN?
By getting involved in the Model UN, students can benefit from:
• Cooperative, hands-on, experiential learning allowing students to discuss and debate a wide range of issues from the perspective of their assigned country or organisation
• Develop an appreciation of differing world views, experience the challenges of negotiation, see the benefits of cooperation, broaden their world view, and discover the human side of international relations and diplomacy
• The opportunity to network and interact with students from different programmes and from different academic institutions
• Taking part in a Model UN builds a variety of transferable skills that employers look for such as communication
Who Can Join?
The Society is open to all students at Middlesex University Dubai across undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
How to Join?
You can join the Model UN Society by emailing click here.
• American University of Sharjah MUN – 13 to 15 February 2020
• Paris Sorbonne MUN – April 2020
• Heriot-Watt MUN – May 2020