Introduction to the Programme
Today’s customers are more knowledgeable than ever before, demanding wider variety and better quality in products and services. Organisations are looking to marketing strategists to ensure they understand the needs of their customers, how to evolve and grow their customer base and provide the drive towards innovation that will secure them a place in new and emerging markets.
The programme brings to life the global focus on marketing as a strategic managerial function that drives organisation-wide initiatives in delivering customer value. Developed through consultations with industry experts, scholars and students, the programme is built around three key areas of strategic marketing:
- Strategic Analysis: the ability to understand an organisation’s environmental and competitive landscape and apply critical and analytical thinking thereof;
- Strategic Marketing and Leadership: the ability to bring vision, understand marketing strategy, lead teams and measure marketing performance in a highly global marketplace;
- Implementation – the ability to respond strategically to the changing needs of consumers through the development of a range of traditional and digital, customer-centred strategies.
Why Study MSc Strategic Marketing?
The MSc Strategic Marketing programme aims to prepare you for successful employment by encouraging the development of a range of knowledge and skills that will enable you to work effectively, both collaboratively and individually. It is designed to develop your understanding of Strategic Marketing and its integration into an organisation’s overall corporate strategy.
- Gain practice skills and in-depth knowledge in the three core subject areas of Strategic Marketing and Leadership, Strategic Analysis and Implementation.
- Students can tailor the programme to their own interests and career aspirations through the selection of optional modules.
- A range of co-curricular activities, guest lectures from industry professionals and a residential programme all enhance the in-class learning.
- The course is delivered by prominent research and practice oriented academics.
Mode of Study Options: It is expected that by September 2021 we will have In-person classes and these could be supported by an online element. It is too early to commit to a 100% Online at present as it will depend on the Health & Safety situation and KHDA permissions. We can say at present that if the Health & Safety situation warrants it there could be a 100% online along with in-person classes.
Find out more here
Chartered Institute of Marketing
This programme at Middlesex University Dubai is accredited by the leading professional marketing body, The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM). CIM works alongside universities worldwide, mapping their degree content against CIM’s most sought after professional marketing qualifications.
This offers students the opportunity to gain exemptions on modules of CIM qualifications, reducing the number of module assessments taken to one or two instead of three. These exemptions make it more efficient and cost-effective to gain a professional marketing qualification.
CIM’s qualifications are based on detailed research and ongoing employer feedback, sharing the skills and knowledge required for today’s marketers. This helps our university students to advance into practitioners, stand out from the crowd and increase their chances of securing their first-choice graduate position.
Please visit the CIM Accredited Degrees website (and select Middlesex University Dubai from the drop down menu) to see the exemptions offered for your programme.
Middlesex University Dubai is also one of the few CIM Accredited Study Centres in Dubai, offering students the opportunity to complete remaining CIM modules required to earn their CIM qualification. For more details, please visit the Middlesex University Dubai CIM Accredited Study Centre website.
Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
Your programme is dual accredited by the Chartered Management Institute, the only professional body able to award Chartered Manager status - the ultimate management accolade. Dedicated to promoting the highest standards in Management and Leadership excellence, all students will have CMI Affiliate Membership throughout their study giving them access to a range of benefits. Upon completion of your degree you will also walk away with a CMI Level 7 Professional Qualification in Strategic Management and Leadership Practice.
For more details on the CMI dual accreditation, please watch CMI’s Learner Induction video.