Introduction to the Programme
Today’s customers are more knowledgeable than ever before, demanding wider variety and better quality in products and services. Organisations are looking to marketing strategists to ensure they understand the needs of their customers, how to evolve and grow their customer base and provide the drive towards innovation that will secure them a place in new and emerging markets.
The programme brings to life the global focus on marketing as a strategic managerial function that drives organisation-wide initiatives in delivering customer value. Developed through consultations with industry experts, scholars and students, the programme is built around three key areas of strategic marketing:
- Strategic Analysis: the ability to understand an organisation’s environmental and competitive landscape and apply critical and analytical thinking thereof;
- Strategic Marketing and Leadership: the ability to bring vision, understand marketing strategy, lead teams and measure marketing performance in a highly global marketplace;
- Implementation – the ability to respond strategically to the changing needs of consumers through the development of a range of traditional and digital, customer-centred strategies.
Why Study MSc Strategic Marketing?
The MSc Strategic Marketing programme aims to prepare you for successful employment by encouraging the development of a range of knowledge and skills that will enable you to work effectively, both collaboratively and individually. It is designed to develop your understanding of Strategic Marketing and its integration into an organisation’s overall corporate strategy.
- Gain practice skills and in-depth knowledge in the three core subject areas of Strategic Marketing and Leadership, Strategic Analysis and Implementation.
- Students can tailor the programme to their own interests and career aspirations through the selection of optional modules.
- A range of co-curricular activities, guest lectures from industry professionals and a residential programme all enhance the in-class learning.
- The course is delivered by prominent research and practice oriented academics.
Chartered Institute of Marketing
This programme is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), the leading professional body for marketers worldwide. Middlesex University has joined forces with CIM to give our students the opportunity to gain CIM professional qualifications by taking advantage of exemptions provided through the Graduate Gateway programme. CIM qualifications are highly sought after by employers, and map alongside our own degrees, ensuring we are equipping our students with the best opportunities for a successful marketing career.
Please visit the Graduate Gateway (and select Middlesex University Dubai from the drop down menu) to see the exemptions offered for your programme.
Middlesex University Dubai is also one of the few CIM Accredited Study Centres in Dubai, offering students the opportunity to complete remaining CIM modules required to earn their CIM qualification. For more details please visit the Middlesex University Dubai CIM Accredited Study Centre site
Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
Your programme is dual accredited by the Chartered Management Institute, the only professional body able to award Chartered Manager status - the ultimate management accolade. Dedicated to promoting the highest standards in Management and Leadership excellence, all students will have CMI Affiliate Membership throughout their study giving them access to a range of benefits. Upon completion of your degree you will also walk away with a CMI Level 7 Professional Qualification in Strategic Management and Leadership Practice.
For more details on the CMI dual accreditation, please watch CMI’s Learner Induction video.