Introduction to the Programme
Designed for business professionals who are serious about advancing their careers, the Middlesex MBA prepares students for leadership and transformative roles in business.
The MBA is designed to prepare you for the challenges of management within a complex international context. Supported by our world class faculty from top international businesses with a wealth of academic and practical experience, you will develop your understanding of the core disciplines that contribute to the study of management.
- MBA (General)
- MBA (Business Excellence)*
- MBA (Finance)
- MBA (Marketing)
- MBA (Operations and Supply Chain Management)
- MBA (Business Analytics)
- MBA (Innovation and Entrepreneurship)
- MBA (Islamic Economy)*
- MBA (Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility)*
- MBA (Healthcare Management)
- MBA (Project Management)
Fundamental to our approach is a focus on both theory and practice. In class you will engage in a variety of learning activities including lectures, workshops, and talks from visiting speakers. You will have the opportunity to gain practical experience through our well-established International MBA experience, and a range of professional development opportunities that will equip you with the leadership, interpersonal, and cross-cultural skills to progress your career. The culmination of your MBA will be a major practice-based project that you can adapt to your own passion and career aspirations by selecting between a consultancy, entrepreneurial, or applied research option.
Mode of Study Options: It is expected that by September 2021 we will have In-person classes and these could be supported by an online element. It is too early to commit to a 100% Online at present as it will depend on the Health & Safety situation and KHDA permissions. We can say at present that if the Health & Safety situation warrants it there could be a 100% online along with in-person classes.
Find out more here
MBA ACCREDITATIONS, EXEMPTIONS and PARTNERSHIPS
Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
Your programme is dual accredited by the Chartered Management Institute, the only professional body able to award Chartered Manager status - the ultimate management accolade. Dedicated to promoting the highest standards in Management and Leadership excellence, all students will have CMI Affiliate Membership throughout their study giving them access to a range of benefits. Upon completion of your degree you will also walk away with a CMI Level 7 Professional Qualification in Strategic Management and Leadership Practice.
For more details on the CMI dual accreditation, please watch CMI’s Learner Induction video.
Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
Our MBA programme is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), the leading professional body for marketers worldwide. Middlesex University has joined forces with CIM to give our students the opportunity to gain CIM professional qualifications by taking advantage of exemptions provided through the Graduate Gateway programme. CIM qualifications are highly sought after by employers, and map alongside our own degrees, ensuring we are equipping our students with the best opportunities for a successful marketing career.
Please visit the Graduate Gateway (and select Middlesex University Dubai from the drop down menu) to see the exemptions offered for your MBA pathway.
Middlesex University Dubai is also one of the few CIM Accredited Study Centres in Dubai, offering students the opportunity to complete remaining CIM modules required to earn their CIM qualification. For more details please visit the Middlesex University Dubai CIM Accredited Study Centre site
Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
Our MBA is recognized by the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), the world’s leading and largest professional body of management accountants. Your MBA qualification will exempt you from sitting some CIMA Exams, thus reducing the number of exams needed for the CIMA Professional Qualification.
- Graduates of the MBA (Finance) will receive eleven exemptions from their professional CIMA exams and can begin from the ‘Management Case Study’ exam. Upon passing this exam, graduates of the MBA (Finance) will be awarded with the CIMA Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting (CIMA Adv Dip MA).
- Graduates of the MBA (non-finance pathway) will receive seven exemption from their professional CIMA exams and can begin from the ‘Operational Case Study Exam’. Upon passing this exam, graduates of the MBA (non-finance pathway) will be awarded with the CIMA Diploma in Management Accounting (CIMA Dip MA).
- For up-to-date details of the exemptions offered for the MBA (Finance) or the MBA (non-finance) please visit the CIMA Exemption page
The Financial Modeling Institute
Middlesex University Dubai is an Academic Partner of the The Financial Modeling Institute (FMI). FMI is dedicated to excellence in Financial Modeling and globally recognized certifications and conducts rigorous financial modeling exams that truly test the proficiency of a candidate’s financial modeling skills.
Students of Middlesex University Dubai can benefit from a 40% discount towards certification for Level 1: Advanced Financial Modeler (AFM). Students have the opportunity to attend networking and webinar events.
FMI certifications are a gateway to becoming a member of a global network of financial modeling leaders who have demonstrated mastery of real-world, applied financial modeling expertise. The FMI certifications are ideal for all finance, accounting, investment, insurance, and other business professionals.
Why Study the Middlesex MBA?
- Internationally recognised UK degree, studied in the dynamic and exciting city of Dubai
- A multi-cultural student cohort that work in a range of industries and businesses
- Outstanding faculty with academic, management and entrepreneurial knowledge
- Benefit from learning from invited faculty from leading international businesses
- Professional Development programme of applied learning experience and skill development workshops outside of the classroom
- Gain international experience through the MBA International Field Trip. Past trips have included: Paris, Milan, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Madrid
- Opportunities for networking, industry engagement and professional development