Middlesex University Dubai is committed to addressing barriers to inclusion (structural, cultural, organisational and attitudinal) and takes as its starting point the premise that accessible and appropriate provision is not ‘additional’ but a core element of the overall service, which the University makes available.
In order to make our university a fully inclusive campus, we wish to encourage members of our community (staff and students) to help us address any aspects of provision that might be causing barriers to participation. We believe that a strong group of student inclusivity champions will prove of real benefit in this respect.
Roles and Responsibilities of ICs:
- Promote the University’s inclusivity agenda
- Be a point of contact within the student body for all staff and students and for the Centre for Academic Success (CAS)
- Promote CAS events (for example, support CAS by canvassing for motivational speakers/case studies, arrange for students to come to events, disseminate CAS info via virtual noticeboards).Signpost students to CAS for advice about reasonable adjustments
- Seek student success stories (for people of determination) – feedback to CAS via written/videoed/presentations at events
- Support/facilitate Inclusivity workshops in Week Zero
- Create a calendar to celebrate disability days (Mental Health/Autism awareness day)
- Signpost any barriers to inclusivity that may arise within the scope of student and staff experiences in the University
For the latest list of staff and student inclusivity champions, please contact CAS at [email protected]. You can also ask your CPC to share this information with you