WHAT IS CAS?
The Centre for Academic Success (CAS) is a dedicated space where students can seek in person or online advice and academic support from specialist staff and counsellors. CAS team members deliver the Academic Enrichment Programme and coordinate the Student Learning Assistant (SLA) scheme. In addition to this, CAS provides confidential learning disability support, pre-sessional Digital Literacy workshops as well as pre-sessional Academic Skills workshops. The CAS Team is constantly endeavouring to support the University’s vision of becoming a fully inclusive educational institution.
WHAT HELP IS AVAILABLE AT CAS?
Academic Enrichment Programme (AEP)
- A series of sessions arranged by lecturers to inform students about aspects of study skills relevant to their course.
- Online drop-in support for any aspect of study skills and non-subject specific academic advice.
- Individual virtual appointments to support students with their studies
Learning Disability Support
- Confidential 1:1 appointments with a learning support counsellor in order to develop a plan to enable students with learning differences to manage their studies as independent learners.
- Advice about sheltered exam arrangements
Pre-sessional Academic Skills Workshops
- Whether you are a fresh high school graduate or whether you are coming back to learning after a gap, these pre-sessional workshops will help you to understand the academic expectations at university.
Mental Health Counsellor
Student health and wellbeing is a key priority to Middlesex University Dubai which is why we have a dedicated Mental Health Counsellor on Campus to assist students when required.
Welfare for students under 18 years
- Advising and counseling services for all under 18 students to help cope with the transition into university life.
Student Learning Assistants (SLA)
- Guidance from an academically proven peerwho is on the same programme as you. Our SLAs are trained to work alongside the lecturers to promote learning within the face to face and online spaces
WHERE IS CAS?
The Centre for Academic Success is located on the Ground Floor, Block 15. CAS is open Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00 pm.You can also e-mail us at [email protected]
HOW CAN I GET IN TOUCH?
Please drop by the CAS office to find out more or book an appointment using any of the e-mail addresses mentioned below.
Head of CAS
Assistant Manager CAS
Mental Health Counsellor
VIRTUAL DROP-IN SESSIONS
The Centre for Academic Success provides support to students from the time they enrol at the University, right up to the time they graduate. The daily drop-in sessions are open to all enrolled students to offer support and advice for various academic skills such as:
- Academic writing
- Referencing and avoiding plagiarism
- Presentation skills
- Exam and revision techniques
- Time management
- Understanding feedback on assignments and other such topics
CAS tutors can help students to maximise their potential by providing them with customised support to communicate effectively in various academic contexts. For this reason, the drop-in sessions are unstructured and we encourage students to identify which aspects of academic skills they need assistance with so that the right support can be offered.
The timings for the drop-in sessions for this term are:
- Sunday: 10 am - 12 pm
- Monday: 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm
- Tuesday: 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Wednesday: 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- Thursday: 12:00-2:00 pm
Students can book an appointment using this link:https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/[email protected]/bookings/