Dr Anita Kashi holds an MA in Clinical Psychology from Agra University, an MPhil in Medical and Social Psychology, and a PhD in Clinical Psychiatry from the Central University of Psychiatry (Ranchi, India). She is a Professional Life Member of the Indian Association of Clinical Psychologists, and a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (UK).
Dr Aniya teaches at both undergraduate and postgraduate level and covers Individual Differences in Psychology, Counselling and Psychological Therapies, Positive Psychology, and Applied Neuropsychology in Education. Her research interests includes Schizotypy, Stigma and Labelling in Mental Illness, Humour and Individual Difference, Stress Coping Strategies, and Positive Psychology.
- PhD (Clinical Psychology), Central Institute of Psychiatry, Ranchi, India
- M Phil (Medical & Social Psychology), Central Institute of Psychiatry, Ranchi, India
- M.A. (Clinical Psychology), Agra University, Agra, India
- Professional life member of Indian Association of Clinical Psychologists, India
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (UK)
- Awarded National scholarship for BA merit list, Agra University, Agra, India
- Innovation Award for Teaching and Learning 2013 of Middlesex University Dubai.
- Stigma and labeling in mental illness,
- Humor and individual difference
- Help seeking behavior and stress coping strategies
- Positive psychology
South East Asian Journal of Psychology
Lamba, N., Bhatia, A., Shrivastava, A., & Raghavan, A. (2021). Religious factors affecting death anxiety in older adults practicing Hinduism. Death Studies, 1-9
Bertl,B., Andrzejewski, D., Hyland, L., Shrivastava, A.,Douglas Russell, D., Pietschnig,J.(2019). My grade, my right: linking academic entitlement to academic performance. Social Psychology of Education,22, 775–793
Mendonca, C., Shrivastava, A. Pietschnig, J. (2018).The effect of adaptive capacity, culture and employment status on happiness among married expatriate women residing in Dubai.
Current Psychology, 1-9 DOI 10.1007/s12144-018-9832-8
Shrivastava, A., Pietschnig, J., Yousuf, A., & Kassie, S. (2017). Influencing factors of materialism among residents of the UAE: The role of mortality salience and spirituality. Journal of Articles in Support of the Null Hypothesis, 13, 114-122.
Shrivastava, A., & Pietschnig, J. (2015). There are many facets of stigmatization: Cross-cultural evidence from four samples in the United Arab Emirates. Indian Journal of Clinical Psychology, 42, 94-101.
Shrivastava, A., & Burianova, A. (2014). Attachment Styles, Physical Proximity, and Relational Satisfaction. Aviation Psychology and Applied Human Factors, 4, 106-112.
Shrivastava, A., Ogbaghebriel, A., Tewolde, Y. & Gebretensae, H. (2014) Knowledge, attitude towards HIV/AIDS, and sexual behavioural change: A study on selected Eritrean college students. Journal of Research in Medical Education & Ethics, 4, 71-77.