Supporting Students of Determination: Inclusion in a Blended Learning Environment
Date: 7th April 2021
Time: 3 - 4 pm (GST)
Platform: Go To Meeting (Register to receive the link)
This will be the third in our series of inclusivity events which have brought together student support and counselling professionals from across the UAE education sector since 2018. The aim is to share our experiences and good practices for promoting INCLUSIVITY in UAE Universities, with the focus in 2021 on maintaining outstanding inclusion practices in the ‘new normal’ blended learning environment.
We have now lived through over a year in the altered educational and work environment brought about by Covid-19. Many students of determination and their teachers have highlighted the fact that their learning has been impacted during this time. We aim to explore the unique challenges that have been posed, offer strategies and finally provide a review on these initiatives with respect to the inclusivity agenda.
- To provide participants with a valuable insight into the particular challenges faced by students of determination in the blended/online learning environment
- To enable students to share their strategies for coping
- To provide an understanding of universities’ aspiration to maintain and promote inclusivity in HE during the pandemic.
- To encourage the students and staff from universities who attend to become inclusion champions within their respective institutions and share good practice.
- 45 Minutes: A panel of invited experts and students of determination will share their experience of the impact of the ‘new’ learning environment upon students of determination
- 15 minutes : Q&A