The workshop will provide hands-on training on the Basics of Financial Modelling. The participants will learn the fundamental drivers of financial items and incorporate them to build models for forecasting and valuation of companies.
At the end of the workshop, participants should be able to build a basic 3-statement financial model. Participants will receive a certificate of participation from Middlesex University, Dubai.
- Day and Date: Saturday, 10 April 2021
- Duration: 6 hours; 9am-12pm and 1pm-4pm
- Location: MS Teams/Zoom platform
Participants should have a basic knowledge of financial statements. Interested participants should register before 5 April 2021 using the link below. http://bit.ly/3dgatom.Participants should be willing to switch on the camera during the entire session.
- MS Excel essentials
- Revenue schedule
- Modelling operating expenses
- Fixed assets and depreciation schedule
- Debt and interest schedule
- Modelling working capital
- Completing the Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash flows (linking to the individual schedules)
- Troubleshooting Balance mismatch
- Inserting flexible scenarios
Supporting materials to be used
- PowerPoint presentation
- MS Excel Files with cell styles, templates, and data to be shared for speed and convenience
- Pre-built work in progress versions of the model to be shared after segment delivery