This interactive course will focus on how the landscape of the employment is changing in the UAE with a comparative approach to the UAE and DIFC employment law. The attendees will understand:
- The UAE legal framework from an employment law perspective
- The different types of employment contracts
- The key considerations when terminating employees in the UAE
- End of Service gratuity vs. the DIFC Employee Workplace Savings Scheme (DEWS)
- Dispute resolution procedures for employment matters
About the Trainer
Thenji Macanda is a UK trained and qualified specialist Employment Legal Director based in the DWF (Middle East) LLP office in Dubai office and co-heads the employment department. Thenji has over ten years experience working in employment law advising blue chip, multinational, regional, local and private clients from all industry sectors. She advises on complex employment issues, which include global mobility of employees, cross-jurisdictional matters including temporary assignment, secondment, cross border engagement. She has particular expertise in advising on all HR issues including recruitment, termination, employment disputes, corporate reorganisation, mergers and acquisitions, terms and conditions, company policies and procedures. Thenji is a visiting Employment Law lecturer at Middlesex University Dubai and an active volunteer lawyer with the pro-bono scheme at the Dubai International Finance Centre Courts and DMCC Free Zone Mediation Centre.