How can organisations solve global development challenges? How can organisations make social impact for good?
Join students at Middlesex University Dubai for an interactive live Impactathon. Taking place on the margins of the 2019 World Government Summit in Dubai, teams of students will propose solutions to real-world problems of organisations and design innovative solutions.
The teams will have 100 minutes to hack their solutions and then will have five minutes to pitch that solution to a panel of judges who will provide feedback. After each team pitches, the judges will determine the winning team.
The winning team will receive a commitment from the organisation to champion the solution.
- Teams of four to five Postgraduate students will work for 100 minutes to create a solution to a unique policy or social challenge relating to an issue of an organisation.
- Each team will have five minutes to pitch their solution to a panel of judges
- The judges will ask questions and provide feedback and then vote on the best policy solution.
Teams of 4 to 5 Postgraduate students will be formed
6:30 p.m. - Team members arrive and rules are explained (5 minutes)
6:35 p.m. - Organisations pitch their problems to groups
6:50 p.m. - Hacking begins. Leaders from organisations are present to support groups (100 minutes)
8:30 p.m. - Teams Pitch and Q&A with judges
9:20 p.m. - Winner is announced and closing remarks
Judges will provide commentary on each proposal tied to the following criteria:
- Does the solution presented solve the challenge presented?
- Is the solution offered innovative, novel or unique?
- Does the solution offered have a reasonable level of utility / ability to be replicated/ chance of being adopted?