AGENDA: This week’s Knowledge Café will focus on identifying and sharing best practices in supervision of dissertations.
In this interactive session, co-facilitated by Dr Cody Paris, academic faculty members will take the opportunity to reflect on their recent experiences as Supervisors/Mentors of undergraduate and postgraduate dissertations or independent research projects. More specifically, we will aim to identify and share supervisors’ good practices that enable students to:
- Decide on their topic and subsequently the appropriate theoretical framework and/or methodology
- Manage the timetable for the project and communicate regular updates
- Familiarise them with the relevant policies, procedures and requirements relating to their dissertations including research ethics and academic integrity policies.
- Receive adequate and relevant feedback on draft work
- Manage the relationship with their supervisor effectively and remain motivated
- Prepare and write a high-quality written report, including referring them to academic support, where relevant.