Middlesex University Dubai’s admissions policies are based on the principle of wider participation – MDX believes that everyone should have the opportunity to pursue a University degree. Middlesex does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, or national or ethnic origin in admitting students to its programmes.
All students who are interested in a programme of study at Middlesex University are required to meet our academic requirements and English language requirements.
We accept students with a diverse range of entry qualifications and from varying backgrounds. The following qualifications are normally considered for admission into the International Foundation Programme:
- British national curriculum (GCSE): 2 academic subjects at AS-Levels (60 tariff points) with grades “C” or above along with at least 5 academic subjects at O-Levels with grade “C” or above OR
- UAE national General Secondary School Certificate: minimum grade of 60% overall OR
- American High School: Successful completion of the high school diploma with overall grade “C” or equivalent OR
- Pakistani Intermediate Level National curriculum (Part 1 & 2): completion of FSC/HSC with minimum grade of 60% or equivalent OR
- Iranian secondary school: completion of High School Diploma with minimum grade of 12 out of 20 OR
- Nigerian Senior School Leaving Certificate: minimum overall grade of “C6” in 5 academic subjects. Students are required to print out the official results from the NECO website at www.neconigeria.org OR
- International Baccalaureate: successful completion of an IB Certificate may be considered for entry to the International Foundation Programme.
- National curriculum of the countries of Russia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan: completion of High School Certificate (Attestat).
- West African GCE: completion of A-Levels with minimum average grades of “C6” in 5 academic subjects. Students need to print out the official results from the WAEC website at www.waecdirect.org OR
This list shows only a selection of qualifications and if your high school system does not appear here, please contact our Admissions Office and we will be able to advise you further.