Middlesex University Dubai welcomes students who have completed one or more years of study at a recognised university, college or higher education (HE) institution who have earned academic credits in approved post-secondary qualifications. ‘Pre-accreditation’ is what we call our process for transferring credits. Most of our undergraduate programmes accept entrants onto the second and third year. In addition, we offer a number of top-up programmes which cover the third year of bachelors degrees and are specifically designed for applicants wishing to progress from HNDs or following the second year of a standard Bachelor’s degree programme.
Middlesex University Dubai does not offer pre-accreditation for the International Foundation Programme or for Postgraduate Programmes.
All applicants must meet the standard entry criteria for Middlesex University. If you are seeking pre-accreditation, you should provide comprehensive information which will enable us to determine your suitability for credit transfer. This includes:
- Curriculum and syllabus details
- Certificates of completion of programme, if applicable
- Statement showing credits gained and grades/marks achieved
- An explanation of the grading system
Your suitability for credit transfer onto one of our undergraduate programmes will be assessed on an individual basis by our academics and based on consideration of the following:
- Compatibility of the learning outcomes of your previous study with that of the Middlesex University programmes and modules
- Your academic achievement – the grades on the transcripts for your HE level credits will be particularly significant
- Academic reference and personal statements
- The presence of an articulation and/or progression agreement between Middlesex University and your previous institution (see information below on Articulation Agreements)
If we are not able to offer you a place on your programme of choice an alternative offer will be made for your consideration.
Where a programme offers recognition by a professional body, such recognition may not extend to students entering at an advanced point of entry unless the professional body accepts the prior qualification as meeting their requirements.
Articulation agreements have been reached with several colleges and higher education institutes to facilitate the transfer process for students who have completed certain post-secondary qualifications. If you have completed various stages of your studies with one of the following organizations, please contact our Admissions Office:
- Association of Computer Professionals (ACP)
- Association of Business Executives (ABE)
- National Institute of Information Technology (NIIT)
- American College in Dubai
** All graduates of APTECH centres in Nigeria who articulate to our undergraduate programmes and are eligible to enrol in Year 2 will receive a 10% tuition grant and Year 3 will receive a 20% tuition grant.
(Middlesex University Dubai – APTECH Articulation Grant).