An essential and well-used service at Middlesex University Dubai, the Library offers two locations, online and print learning resources, and knowledgeable and helpful staff.
Located on the ground floor of Block 16, the Library provides learning materials needed for each module through its print and ebook collections and online databases and ejournals. Daily local newspapers, a magazine collection, and small fiction and DVD collections are also available for student borrowing and use. A designated Law Library shelves all the print Law materials.
Networked printing and photocopying can be done, as well as scanning. The University Library abides by national and international copyright law.
Numerous study carrels for individual studying are available in the Silent Study whilst the Quiet Voice area allows group discussions in whispered tones.
LGS (Library Group Study) is located in Room 020 of Block 4. Ten seminar rooms, with two rooms equipped with digital projectors, are available for student use and may be booked online. Laptops are available for borrowing from the Laptop Loan Locker in the LGS.
Also offered by the Library is a free online course, An Introduction to the Research Process.
- Sunday to Wednesday: 8 am to 10 pm
- Thursday: 8 am to 8 pm
- Saturday: 9 am to 6 pm
- Closed on Friday
LGS in Block 4 is open EVERYDAY from 8 am to midnight
Library Staff & Contact Information
Loans Desk Telephone & email: 04 367 8124 ; firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Dorian Lange
Assistant Library Manager – Public Services:
Assistant Library Manager – Information Literacy:
Borrowing and Use Privileges
- Twelve items may be borrowed at one time, of which two may be DVDs.
- Students must have their student ID card to borrow library materials or to access online Library materials.
- A self-service kiosk is available in the Library for students to check-in and checkout books.
- Fines are imposed for late return of borrowed items. Unless an item has been requested by another student, loans can be renewed twice online using “My Account” service on the library catalogue.
- If the Library is closed, a book returns box is located near the main entrance to Block 16.
- Food (cold, non-aromatic) and drinks with lids are allowed in the Library and LGS. Students are expected to dispose of rubbish in bins provided.
- Only registered students, staff and faculty of Middlesex University are allowed access to the Library and the LGS.
- CCTV is used throughout the Library and LGS.
- The Library abides by national and international copyright law.