An essential and well-used service at Middlesex University Dubai, the Library offers two locations, online and print learning resources, and knowledgeable and helpful staff.
Located on the ground floor of Block 16, the Library provides learning materials needed for each module through its print and ebook collections and online databases and ejournals. Daily local newspapers, a magazine collection, and small fiction and DVD collections are also available for student borrowing and use. A designated Law Library shelves all the print Law materials.
There are 32 computers and three printers located in the Computer Lab area of the Library. Networked colour printing and photocopying can be done, as well as scanning. The University Library abides by national and international copyright law.
Numerous study carrels are available in the Library in an area restricted to Silent Study.
LGS (Library Group Study) is located in Room 020 of Block 4. Ten seminar rooms are available for student use and may be booked online. Two of the rooms are equipped with digital projectors, and laptops are available for borrowing and using in the LGS. A limited number of laptops may be borrowed from both the LGS and the Library.
Also offered by the Library is a free online course, An Introduction to the Research Process.
Library Hours: Ramadan 2017
- Sunday to Thursday: 9 am to 8 pm
- Saturday: 9 am to 3 pm
- Closed on Friday
- CLOSED for EID-AL-FITR HOLIDAYS
LGS in Block 4 is open EVERYDAY from 8 am to midnight
Library Staff & Contact Information
Loans Desk Telephone & email: 04 367 8124 ; email@example.com
Borrowing and Use Privileges
- Twelve items may be borrowed at one time, of which two may be DVDs.
- Students must have their student ID card to borrow library materials or to access online Library materials.
- A terminal is available in the Library for both self check-in and checkout.
- Fines are imposed for late return of borrowed items. Unless an item has been requested by another borrower, loans can be renewed twice online using “My Account” service on the library catalogue.
- If the Library is closed, a book returns box is located near the main entrance to Block 16.
- Food (cold, non-aromatic) and drinks with lids are allowed in the Library and LGS. Students are expected to dispose of rubbish in bins provided.
- Only registered students, staff and faculty of Middlesex University are allowed access to the Library and the LGS.
- CCTV is used throughout the Library and LGS.
- The Library abides by national and international copyright law.