We are happy to announce the First ATLAS Middle East Conference- a special Tourism and Hospitality Track of the 4th International ERPBSS Conference at Middlesex University Dubai January 16th-18th, 2018.
The tourism and hospitality track aims to provide a forum for international educators, scholars, researchers, industry professionals, policy-makers, and graduate students to evaluate emerging paradigms and discuss pioneering practices within the broader tourism and hospitality field. We are seeking conceptual and/or empirical-based papers that seek to address the changing nature of the tourism and hospitality industries. This track will thus attempt to foster progressive approaches within tourism and hospitality studies, rather than to simply reproduce well-rehearsed empirical models and conceptual applications. The overall aim of this track is to present a new agenda for future research and theoretical exposition.
Although we are open to any submission that is aligned to the goals of the conference and this track, we do encourage submissions relating to the following themes:
- Emerging topics in tourism mobilities
- Tourism and crisis: natural disaster, conflict, terrorism, security concerns.
- Inclusive Tourism: rights and responsibilities of tourists, industry and academia
- Technological innovations and the tourism and hospitality industries
- Climate Change, environment, natural resources, and tourism.
- Festival and event industries: emerging trends
- Co-created and hybrid experiences in the tourism and hospitality
- Tourism and the cultural industries: contributions from the social sciences
- Sport and activity tourism: impacts, challenges, and future developments
- Working in the tourism and hospitality industries: social and cultural issues
- Islamic hospitality and halal tourism
- Alternative tourism: volunteer tourism, responsible tourism, ethical travel, fair trade.
- Innovations in Teaching and Learning practice in Tourism
- Re-emerging disciplinary research in tourism from the Social Sciences
- Innovation and entrepreneurship in tourism and hospitality
- Tourism Futures
Submission and Registration